Your donation enables people with differing abilities to live in the community according to their wishes.
Your donation can provide the support necessary for people with differing abilities to find jobs.
Your donation helps children and adults with differing abilities enjoy supported recreational opportunities.
Melwood´s Landscaping and Horticultural Services crews beautify thousands of acres of grounds throughout the Washington D.C. area, including some of the nation´s prestigious landmarks. Melwood crews at Goddard Space Flight Center earned so many beautification awards from Prince George´s County — for five straight years — that their participation was officially retired in 2004 with the presentation in of the County´s "Golden Trowel Award." Melwood crews serve many well-known sites, including the Smithsonian Museum and USDA on the National Mall and the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.
We provide many aspects of grounds services, including, but not limited to: turf maintenance, landscape design, installation of plant materials, erosion control, and display bed maintenance. Our staff are certified and licensed. Our workers are specifically trained in their areas of expertise.
Melwood´s offers its customers the following services:
- Security and perimeter fence maintenance
- Snow removal and clearing services
- Design and installation of seasonal and specialized displays for dignitaries, public relations, and other unique events
- Interior plant and floral design tasks
- Turf maintenance and renovation
- Tree and shrub pruning and maintenance
- Pesticide and herbicide applications
- Construction site plantings and renovations
- Maintenance and operation of in-ground irrigation systems
Our grounds teams use state of the art equipment and technology, environmentally safe and Government approved products, and proven management and sound landscape methods.
We enhance our dependability with integrated quality control, competitive purchasing, proven subcontractor relationships, and ongoing staff and worker development including participation/membership in professional industry organizations such as LCA and ALCA. Many plant materials come from our own greenhouses.