Posted in: Melwood News, Featured
We are very pleased to announce the election of 5 new members who will each serve a three-year term on our volunteer board of directors.
The new board members are:
• Tina Campanella of Washington, DC is Executive Director of Quality Trust for Individuals with Disabilities. Campanella brings over 30 years experience with adults and teens with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Before coming to Quality Trust, Campanella worked at the Council on Quality and Leadership (CQL), a nonprofit organization promoting enhanced quality of life for people with disabilities through training and accreditation activities in the US and abroad.
• Joy Dorsey of Washington, DC is Director of Diversity and Supplier Diversity at Pepco Holdings, Inc. In addition to having a keen eye toward building diverse workforces, Dorsey brings more than 25 years experience as a corporate attorney to the organization.
• Shelly Gardeniers of Harwood, MD, brings more than 16 years of strategy development and management experience, most recently in the staffing industry with Randstad, NV, and previously with Royal Ahold and Sara Lee International in the Netherlands. Shelly is also a member of the Board of Directors of Transitional Housing Corporation in Washington, DC.
• Carla Reid of Washington, DC is an accomplished executive with over 21 years of experience leading organizations, including serving as Deputy General Manager and Interim General Manager, at the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission. For the last three years, Carla has served as Director of Permitting Services in Montgomery County Government.
• George Watkins of Marbury, MD is President of Watkins and Associates and brings nearly 30 years experience as a certified public accountant to the organization. He is currently a Trustee with the Charles County Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
We wish all our new board members well as they help Melwood move further towards its vision of a world where people with disabilities are fully included.
Help support our mission. Consider a donation to Melwood today.
Stay connected to Melwood on social media. Join the Melwood Facebook page and follow us on Twitter.