If you have questions about Camp Accomplish, please feel free to contact us at 301-870-3226 or email us at RecreationCenter@melwood.org
Learn more about The Melwood Recreation Center, and see photos on our facebook page.
Community Support Services was developed to provide home and community-based supports and services to individuals with differing abilities and their families. We strive to empower individuals to gain life skills and independence through individualized programming.
F/ISS and Personal Supports services are individualized services that provide the necessary supports to help adults and children with differing abilities remain at home with their family or to succeed independently and live in their own apartment or home.
We carefully match our staff with the people we serve in this program to best meet their personal goals. Through the program, we encourage independence, community involvement, and empowered decision-making in every aspect of life.
Training and support can be provided on:
• Budgeting and money management
• Menu planning and cooking
• Medical appointments
• Household management
• Case management
• Crisis intervention
• Community involvement and recreation
• Securing and maintaining benefits and services
• Locating and securing Public Assistance
• Parents who have disabilities
• Referral and funding for respite services
• Assistance with purchase of equipment, assistive technology, and devices
• Nursing Consultation/Nursing Delegation
• Behavior Plan Strategies /Therapies